Directions to the City of 10,000 Buddhas (For Chinese translation: Chinese)
We are located at the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (CTTB) in Ukiah, California. It is open to visitors every day from 8 AM - 6 PM.
Campus map: Campus Map (PDF)
Street Address：2001 Talmage Road, Ukiah, CA 9548 Road Map (PDF)
Coming from the South (e.g. Bay Area or San Francisco)
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and drive up I-101 North for approximately two hours.
- Exit "Talmage Road" from I-101.
- Right turn on Talmage Road and drive for about five minutes.
- Talmage Road ends at the entrance to the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (picture above).
Coming from the North (e.g. Willits)
- Take I-101 South.
- Exit Talmage Rd., and bear left
- Turn left onto Talmage Rd (you should be heading east).
- Drive until you see the Front Gate.
You may fly into San Francisco Airport (SFO), Oakland Airport (OAK), or Sonoma Airport.
From San Francisco Airport (SFO):
1. BART ( San Francisco subway system) and Greyhound Bus
- From the airport, you may take public transportation to CTTB. Total Cost~$40. First take BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit, www.bart.gov) to the Embarcadero Station. This usually takes about 45 minutes. You should plan to leave by 2pm from the BART to make it to the Greyhound station with ample time.
- After arriving at the Embarcadero stop, walk two blocks to 425 Mission Street, San Francisco. (Walk southwest down Market Street, take a left onto Fremont Street, and then a right on to Mission Street. The station should be on your left.)
- Then, take the Greyhound bus to "Ukiah" (~$33). See www.greyhound.com for more information. Usually, the bus leaves at 3:35pm and arrives at 6:35pm, and you need to purchase the ticket in advance or allow yourself enough time to purchase the ticket at the station if seats are available.)
- Make sure you contact DRBU and/or CTTB ahead of time, so we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the Greyhound station here in Ukiah.
2. Hertz Rental Car
- You can also rent a car from Hertz (www.hertz.com), and return the car at the Ukiah Municipal Airport. The cost for a rental car is about $75-85/day.
Direct Airporter service is no longer available between Ukiah and San Francisco. You must now take, an aiporter (Sonoma County Airport Express) to Santa Rosa and a bus (CC Rider) from there.
Heading North: From San Francisco Airport to Santa Rosa then to Ukiah:
After exiting the airport, ask to find the Sonoma County Airport Express Bus. You must take the bus that departs before 1:00pm to catch the 3:05pm bus from Santa Rosa to Ukiah.
Getting off at the last stop in Santa Rosa, take the CC Rider bus and get off at the Ukiah Airport. You should arrive around 4:05pm. Please call the CTTB office (707-462-0939) to arrange for someone to pick you up.
San Francisco Airport – Santa Rosa $32.00
Santa Rosa – Ukiah $20.00
* Fees are subject to change. Please check with 1-707-837-8700 or www.airportexpress.com for the latest rates.
Heading South: From Ukiah to Santa Rosa to San Francisco Airport:
The #65 bus (CC Rider) with the Mendocino Transit Authority (MTA) goes to Santa Rosa once a day – Monday-Friday, departing at 9:50am, Weekends & Holidays 10:50 am.
The bus arrives in Santa Rosa – Monday-Friday 10:47am, Weekends & Holidays 11:47am.
Then transfer to the Sonoma Country Airport Express to get to the San Francisco Airport. You’ll arrive Monday-Friday 1:30pm, Weekends & Holidays 2:30pm.
With prior notice, we can usually arrange for someone to pick you up at the Ukiah Greyhound station or Ukiah Airport.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions or comments.
Visiting the City of 10,000 Buddhas
return to top